07 November 2011

Singapore Adventures 2011 Day 2: Festive Hotel at Sentosa



     


     I have read from several reviewers over at the Tripadvisors that the Festive Hotel is such a busy hotel and check-in sometimes takes time.  So, my trip companions; i.e., my mom, sister and friend, decided to check-in late.  Well, we were still loitering around Chinatown anyway.  By the time we reached Sentosa, it was past 4 p.m. already, but I was not bummed about it.  Rather, I became quite excited the moment I saw the Disney castle!  Just kidding! It was the castle from Far Far Away in Shrek.  It's the Universal Studios' castle after all, not Disneyland's.


     Since it was late, check-in was a breeze.  And the concierge, unlike the reviews at Tripadvisor, was helpful and polite.  The concierge even gave me two extra monorail passes, although I am only entitled to two.






    We got up to our room, and we were pleasantly surprised! It's big, and the view is really nice!  Yay!

View from the balcony.
The cable cars look cute!


The couch converts into a bed.
The kid's bed can fit a small adult, but the stairs are steep.





The bathroom is huge but it doesn't have a bath tub.

     The lcd tv was very gracious; it greeted me!  Also, the tv serves as infoguide on the attractions, like the Universal Studios.




     After less than an hour since we got to our room, a chocolate cake with huge strawberry toppings was sent to me, with compliments from the hotel.  It was for my birthday.  I did type on the booking info that I'll be celebrating my birthday in Singapore, but I wasn't expecting a cake, with a candle.  If that's not considered as great customer service, hell be damned.



 

3 comments:

m1m1 said...

ang sosyal naman sa festive hotel! where did you book and how much? :)

Asian Travel Adventures said...

Sis, it kinda broke the bank kasi wala ako kahati nagbayad. SGD 598 nett, for 3D2N without breakfast plus 2 Voyage La Vie tickets and 2 Universal Studios tickets.Pero it was way cheaper than booking sa iba; inclusive of taxes and government charges pa. Promo kasi ng Resorts World.

Pang family yung room and kung marami kayo, kasya kayo kasi king size ang kama, may sofa bed at loft bed pa. Makakatipid pa rin.

m1m1 said...

Ok na rin yung rate considering may free tickets kayo sa voyage la vie at Universal studios. Mas ok siguro din kung group para sulit ang room. :) di bale, birthday mo naman so ok lang to indulge. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...