24 October 2010

History Channel's Hidden City: First Epidode - Beijing


N.B. I live-blogged the episode HERE.

     The only channel I like in our cable provider is the History Channel.  And, just imagine my jubilation when I saw an advertisement for their new show, The Hidden City, to be aired today at 10:00 p.m. (GMT +8).  The show will feature Beijing in China, Penang, Ipoh and Kedang in Malaysia, Java in Indonesia and Taiwan in four different episodes.

     This is the show's synopsis culled from the show's official site, http://hiddencities.historyasia.com/ -

      In and around Asia's most bustling cities lay hidden worlds filled with forgotten palaces and temples, abandoned towns and disused underground fortresses that shelter unbelievable relics and untold stories.


     With the help of local experts that will include writers, historians, archaeologists and scientists, presenter Anthony Morse attempts to investigate and unearth these places, and reveal the tales they have hidden for so long.


     Over four episodes, Anthony will travel to Beijing in China, the northwest states of Penang, Ipoh and Kedah in Malaysia, Java in Indonesia and to the island of Taiwan.

      For their premiere episode today, host Anthony Morse will commence his journey in Beijing, China, coincidentally the city we're going to visit next month.  I can't wait to see the places Anthony will explore, and most probably, if it's not in our itinerary, then, we'll just have to include those places.

     Also, the show would also feature Taiwan, one of my favorite places to visit.

     The host also has a blog on his adventures in Asia's hidden cities.  Do check it out, very informative and entertaining.

     As for me, I'll definitely watch the show for my Beijing travel research.  And, they have a contest where you could win a camcorder, a dslr or a trip to one of the featured cities.





6 comments:

zamy said...

im 14 years old , an i live in china, im mexican , and i gotta say i been to the forbiden city quite alot of times and i have never truly realised how amazing it was until now.next time i go to biejing ill try check out some of the stuff u said on your show.and i have to say i was amzed.

youknowyouloveme said...

Hi, zamy! I'll be in Beijing last week of November, and I'm so excited! I'll definitely visit the Forbidden City, among others.

The show, on the other hand, is History Channel's production; all information about the show were obtained from their website. I'm just a mere televiewer ;-)

Anonymous said...

what dslr camera are they using?:)

Anonymous said...

oh man you gonna see this bunker ! at kuantan why you take a time TO SEE THAT OLD BUNKER!?!? I NO LIE I SWEAR THAT HAVE BUNKER! GO SEE THIS


http://turbinemanlog.blogspot.com/2010/03/british-ww2-pill-boxes-in-kuantan.html

John Lim said...

Hello Anthony Morse....I am John from Malaysia. I have been an ardent fan on this Hidden Cities Asia programme. You are certainly the right guy for this programme. I really enjoyed all of them.

I like to make a request, that is,to make a movie on stories I have heard so much from my friends regards to Christ in India or rather Christ lived in India, but is it true?I have read the articles on the websites too, discovered and recorded by people published on websites and books. I heard its in a Tibetan Monastery in Leh, India some wrote Srinagar, India. I hope your next adventure will help us get to the truth of Jesus Christ. Thank you

Asian Travel Adventures said...

Hi, John!

I'm sorry but I am not Anthony Morse. I just blog about the Hidden Cities, as well as my travel adventures in Asia. If you want to contact the host or the production team, you may want to check out History Asia's Hidden Cities website here: http://hiddencities.historyasia.com/

Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...