16 October 2010

Planning for an Adventure in Beijing, China: Part 2 - Visa Requirements

     Yes, we haven't even started compiling the requirements for our travel adventure to Beijing, China, and there are a lot of documents required.  We're applying for a tourist (L) visa, so apparently, these are the requirements taken from the Chinese Embassy in the Philippines:


I.     Tourist /Family visit Visa (L)
L Visa is issued to a person who comes to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives, or private matters. Documents to be included with application:
1.         Applicant's passport with blank pages and at least 6 months validity left before expiration.
2.          A truly and completely filled application form affixed with one passport-size or 2x2 colored photo, with white background, full-face front view, and no hat.  Photo must be glued on the application form. Stapled pictures will not be accepted. Scanned photos will also not be accepted
           U.S. passport holders must submit two application forms with two photos
3.          A copy of the round-trip plane ticket
4.          Hotel reservation / invitation letter with a copy of the inviter's valid chinese residence visa and passport information page of inviter's or Chinese national identity card.
5.          Previously used China visa in old or new passport (Only visa stickers will be accepted.  Those with stamped visas must submit additional documents for first time China visa applicants. Please refer to the list below)
6.           For first time applicants to China (Philippine passport holders, 18 years old and above), they are required to provide the following
              a)  original NBI clearance valid for travel abroad

              b)  original bank certificate with receipt or original passbook, updated within the month that you are applying or....

                                 - If a company will sponsor the trip, provide the company's bank certificate, sponsorship letter from the company and the company's business registration.  

                              - If an individual will sponsor the trip, provide his bank certificate, sponsorship and invitation letter, copy of sponsor's valid residence visa and passport information page or Chinese national ID. 

             c)  for employed persons, also provide an employment certificate, company ID, SSS ID and contributions, TIN ID and latest ITR

             d)  for students, provide school ID

             e)  for businessmen, provide business registration of company, TIN ID and latest ITR
 
             f)  Personal appearance is required for those who are 16-21 years old.

7.         The emergency contact information page in the applicant's passport should be filled out and photocopied
8.        Other documents required by the visa officers if necessary.

      Well, it isn't much different from the Taiwan visa requirements, except for the NBI clearance, the ITR, the TIN ID, and SSS ID and contributions.  I really think that these are needed if only to show that the person applying for a tourist visa is not an undesirable alien who wants to escape litigation in the Philippines (NBI clearance valid for travel abroad), or who wants to illegally gain employment in China or overstay in order to find work, hence the need for the employment certificate, company ID, ITR, TIN ID and even SSS ID.  These are all proof that one is employed in the Philippines and that the tourist has work to return to.

      I am baffled, though.  I have read at the PinoyExchange forums that the applicant needs at least Php 50,000.00 in the bank in order to get an approved visa, but it is nowhere in the list of requirements.  Is this a new requirement?  But there isn't any other updates from the Chinese embassy website.  Hmm...I think, regardless of the status of my bank account (which is nearly depleted because of successive travel expenses and payments made for unnecessary stuff I bought), I'll still obtain a visa because I am sufficiently and gainfully employed.  I'll let you know if I get an approved visa with less than Php 50,000.00 in the bank, if ever I don't obtain that money by the time that I apply for a visa.

     I think I'm going to have a problem with the NBI clearance because I am too lazy to fall in line.  The last time I had a clearance, which was a year ago, I had to pull some strings so I'd be done in record time.  I don't think I could pull off that stunt again.  So I really have to go and fall in line like a dutiful citizen.

     Also, it is not my first time to travel to mainland China since I've just been to Shenzhen last month.  However, my passport does not bear a stamp that I went in and out of Shenzhen and besides, the requirement states that only visa stickers will be accepted, so I still have to provide all the documents required for first-time China tourists.  

     The question now is, where do I submit these documents?  In here? 

Consular Section
The World Center, 330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue, Makati City. 
Visa section: 0063-2-8482386 
(Fax)0063-2-8482395 (Inquiry,3pm-5pm)


     Processing time is four (4) days, and the fee for a single entry visa is Php 1,400.00.

     Good luck to me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...