29 October 2010

History Channel's Hidden Cities: Second Episode - Penang, Keddah and Perak, Malaysia


N.B. I live-blogged the episode  HERE.


     On Sunday, 31 October 2010 at 10:00 p.m. (GMT +8), host Anthony Morse will explore the Hidden Cities of Malaysia -

     Malaysia is renowned as the bastion of the Malay spirit and the Islamic faith.  Yet surviving relics from bygone eras and past sovereignties reveal hidden stories pf the country's true origin.


      In this episode, presenter Anthony Morse uncovers the dark secrets of a pristine island off the coast of Penang; explores an abandoned WWII British fortress that rivals their other mega-defenses in the region; tries to get the real story behind a mysterious colonial castle and digs beneath Perak's ancient valleys to find human settlements millions of years old.*
     *From the History Asia Channel website:  http://hiddencities.historyasia.com/

     So, what is my connection with Malaysia?  Hmm...I've been to Malaysia in 2008.  My friends and I took an overnight bus from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and spent a day there, specifically to see the Petronas Towers.   And we weren't disappointed: it was the most beautiful building I've ever seen.  We were also supposed to go to Malacca but our limited time didn't allow us to do so.  I'll be chronicling my adventures in Malaysia, and Singapore, too, in the coming months.  But for now, let us all watch this Hidden Cities episode for our travel research.

     I will also be live-blogging the show on Sunday.  :-)



     

    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...