07 October 2010

Hong Kong Adventure - Last Day in Hong Kong Riding the Tram and the Star Ferry

  


     After our Shenzhen adventure, we went back to Hong Kong via train to Hung Hom and the MTR going to Nathan Road.  I didn't eat dinner anymore.  Well, I was so tired anyways. After resting for 30 minutes or so, I took a quick shower then I retired for the night; I don't sleep without taking a bath whenever I spend a whole day outdoors.

     The following day, we checked-out early, before 12 p.m., because we were planning to ride the tram around the city and do some last minute-shopping.  We knew that we would not be able to return to the hotel before our check-out time.  We left our luggage at the hotel considering that we have to return there for our bus pick-up going to the airport.

     We ate lunch at Kanamizu in TST, near the MTR exit.  I had their saba set meal, and I took a picture of the cute guy who was preparing the sushi at the conveyor.  Heehee.  After lunch, we headed to the Star Ferry terminal.




     We walked quite a distance to the Star Ferry from our hotel.  I like walking, and I rarely get tired from walking.  But see, the sun and the heat are not my friends; they can turn me from fab to wasted in a couple of minutes.  Well, when we finally reached the station, I was a mess.  Thank god for the huge ventilating fans at the waiting area!

     After a few minutes, the ferry arrived.  There weren't many people; after all, it was lunch time already.  The view, as always, was great. A little foggy, but still great.  We alighted at Central and set out the daunting task of finding the tram station.




     We found a tram station alright, somewhere in Central, but only after asking people where we could find it.  Again, please learn from my experience: research and preparation are really important.  Getting lost or walking too far a route will just waste your precious time.

     And so, we queued at the tram stop and we were able to ride a jam-packed tram.  You enter from the rear and you exit at the front.  For a fixed price of HKD 2.00, I stood on the second floor as there was no more room on the first deck.  The tram was so narrow. A couple of times, I almost lost my balance.  I was standing near the stairs so I was afraid that I might fall down.  It was an experience nonetheless.  I was able to get a seat two stops before alighting at Sogo, Causeway Bay. 

     Although it was a weekday, Sogo was teeming with people; shoppers everywhere!  It was such a busy place; so busy that we didn't stay for long.  Besides, it was almost time for our bus to pick us up.  This time, we returned to the hotel via the MTR.

     Back at the hotel, we scoured the nearby Sasa for treats and souvenirs for our family and co-workers.  By 5 o'clock, the bus going to the airport picked us up.  I was so happy because the driver had Totoro plushies and tissue holder on the bus.  Definitely a fan of My Neighbor Totoro, like me.  




     Finally, it was time to leave Hong Kong.  I was tired, but I was happy.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...