10 March 2012

Hotels and Accommodations: Courtyard @ Heeren, Melaka, Malaysia




     As you may have probably noticed, I only have good words for Courtyard @ Heeren, which is not surprising given the quality of the service it provided to us.  It was clearly superb.

     Our trip to Melaka would not have been possible were it not for the suggestion of the Courtyard @ Heeren staff, the affable Amar, to buy us bus tickets for an earlier departure for a return journey to Singapore.  It was really unexpected for the staff to go out of their way just to make our plans push through.  Imagine, the staff had to reserve and buy the tickets for us and the hotel paid for it in the meantime.   When we arrived, we paid for the tickets.  I was thoroughly impressed!  So, to Amar, Audrey and the rest of the Courtyard @ Heeren staff, thank you very, very much!

   
Location
    It is located along Heeren Street, a few feet away from the Heeren Guesthouse, almost in front of the Baba House, and a very short walking distance from the famous Jonker Street. It's centrally located so the places of interest in Melaka are within comfortable walking distance from the Courtyard.  Here's the map they sent me via email so I would not get lost.



Reception
     Courtyard @ Heeren is one of the many heritage homes-turned-boutique hotels in Melaka. But I assure you that this one is a gem.  Their rates are quite reasonable, and I dare say, cheaper than what I expected to pay for, and their rooms are just divine.
     Anyway, when we arrived at the Courtyard @ Heeren, the staff, including Amar, promptly gave us some welcome drinks, cold pomelo juice, and helped us settle in. The room was not yet ready since we arrived earlier than the check-in time but we had no problems with it since we needed to go out immediately to withdraw some cash at an ATM machine (Amar told us how to go there in detail).  Amar gave me the tickets, which I paid for, and gave me a receipt of our room booking which I previously paid for by credit card.

The door to the left leads to the rooms on the ground floor.


Reception area (main door on the left side)
Stairs leading to the breakfast area.
 Superior Room
     This is the first room that you'll see and surprisingly, it was not noisy at all.  This, despite the fact that everyone has to pass by our room to get into the other rooms.
     The superior room has twin beds and the bathroom is just so cute with colored glass.  The bathroom has an illusion that it is bigger than it is (although it is quite at a comfortable size) because of the mirrors obscured by the wooden bars.  I love the rain shower and I should say, the bathroom is really clean.
     I should say that the superior room is definitely a bargain at RM 200 I paid for, and that includes breakfast for two, too.  The colored glass on the windows gives the room a certain warmth and undeniable charm.  Over all, the room is just so pretty.



 Breakfast area
     Accessible through the stairs at the main entrance.  Breakfast is basic but tasty.  There's an omelet station, too. 



Around the Hotel

     There is a small courtyard inside with seating area and furniture reminiscent of those I usually see visiting old homes in the Philippines.  It evokes a feeling of nostalgia, really.  The mortars and pestles on the garden are a nice touch; and old iron (is it?) for cooking/baking are so cute I wanted to just stare at them all day.  There was even a old blade fan from a ceiling fan converted into a deco piece.


 This is the small space outside our room (window-side).


 I know the photo is crappy, really blurred.  But I like it, and its the only one I have. 



 That's the upstairs room above.


2 comments:

Tiia Suutari said...

Malaysia is really a nice country,No wonder those image are look classic and very amazing.Perfect to travel.

Asian Travel Adventures said...

Yes, indeed! And Melaka is so picture-worthy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...