01 February 2011

Beijing Adventures - Day 3: Wangfujing at Night, and Street Food, Too

 There are a lot of people on this food street.
It closes around 7 or 8 p.m.


      Our guide said that there's a night street food stalls located in the Wangfujing area, very close to our hotel.  So, my friend and I went out to see what the buzz was all about.  I've seen tons of pictures of those creepy crawlers on stick, and I was so excited to finally see those in real life.

     What creepy crawlers? Anything you can imagine.  In fact, it was not limited to creepy crawlers, but even those which you don't think would end up as a street food ended up as such in Beijing.  Even starfish!  Look!


     

     Of course I didn't buy any.  I didn't want to eat a starfish. Who can eat that?  It's so cute, I couldn't eat it. But I've seen some caucasians eating one of those, though.  Probably just for the sake of tasting something exotic.  Even if I could have eaten some other street food, like broccoli and cauliflower on stick, I didn't.  I didn't even eat those sugared fruits on stick though they looked so yummy.  I don't really have a sweet tooth, so even if they look cute, my tooth aches just by looking at them.  Heehee.  And yeah, I thought the red balls on stick was sausage.  I mean, here in the Philippines, in Cebu to be particular, the local chorizo is small and round, just like the ones in the picture below.  And, there's one that looks a little paler, but similar, in Taipei, which is a sausage, too, but it turns out, the one in Beijing was a candy. 




      So, how does Wangfujing looks at night?  Well, it looks pretty, but it isn't something that'll blow you away.  There are a lot of malls on the strip, and a lot of people, and I would have wanted to watch Harry Potter at the malls but the movie tickets cost way more than what a 3d movie in the Philippines cost.  There's also this mall with a huge Christmas tree and light bulbs outside.  It was so cute...I even had the audacity to take pictures of a stranger who was trying to have her photo taken.  Heehee.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...