21 August 2011

Taiwan Travel Adventures 2011 - Day 4: Gundam and Super Dollfies Save the Day?!



     After spending the whole morning at the Longshan Temple vicinity, I headed to the Taipei Main Station in search for the Taiwan Storyland. I had complete directions for that; after all, it's in the Taipei travel brochure I got from the Taipei Main Station MRT information counter.  It says there that the address is at B2, No.50, Chung Hsiao W. Rd., Sec., Zhongzheng District, Taipei, just a minute from one of the Main Station exits. But for the love of everything cute, I could not find the damn place!  I was at the correct location; I was so sure of it. But it was nowhere to be found.  

     I entered the mall, I think it was called K-Mall if I'm not mistaken, or something. I wandered in the upper levels, since I couldn't find the Taiwan Storyland the entrance of which was supposed to be at street level.  I went to all the floors but I couldn't find it until I reached the toy section.  There was a store clerk who speaks very good English.  I asked him about the Taiwan Storyland, showed him my brochure and I got the shock of my life when I got my answer.  He told me it's already closed and the place where it's supposed to be is now occupied by a gym!  Whoa!  I was not expecting that.  

     I was really, really dejected.  I was like looking all over it for 30 minutes.  I was about to go down again when I saw a very familiar figure...it was Gundam!  Apparently, there's a Gundam exhibition of some sorts.  And even if I have not watched a single Gundam episode, Gundam is so popular and so, it lifted up my spirits!  Yay!  My time was not wasted at all.






     Funny thing about the Gundam exhibit:  I've seen a couple of families taking photos with Gundam, and believe it or not, the fathers were the excited ones, not the kids!  Hahaha!  Fan boys!  Well, thanks to those fathers, one of them obliged to take a couple of shots of me and Gundam.


   Aside from Gundam, I saw some very appealing life-like dolls of superior qualitiy.  I think they're called Super Dollfies.  God, I wanted to buy those but they look very, very expensive.  I love everything cute, including dolls.  The dolls look like anime characters.  So, so kawaii!  The shopkeeper was so kind and she let me take a couple of photos of the shop and of the dolls.  Apparently, you can dress up and put accessories on your dolls and arrange them like telling a story.  Hay, so cute! Kyaa!


The shop's window display


The dolls on the window display.



So, so beautiful in traditional Japanese clothing.
I want these dolls!


I want these dolls so bad...Megami boy with pampered princesses.

Opposites attract!  Cute loli-type girl with a rocker-like boy, holding hands!


Goths!


Are they emos or just plain rocker dude and chick?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...