21 August 2011

Thoughts: Why the Heck is Google Asking Me to Register with AdSense?!



     When I checked my blog today, I noticed a sort of pop-up  message on my dashboard telling me that my blog's becoming more popular and that perhaps I should try out Adsense.  The message goes like this:  "It looks like your blog is popular and many popular blogs make money with AdSense. Try it now!"  And it happens every single time I open my dashboard.  

     Really.  My blog is getting popular?  I hardly get a 100 hits a day, how can it be popular?  That's just crazy.

     So, because I'm a curious cat, I tried signing up for Adsense.  I didn't try to understand it's rules; what I know is that ads are sometimes pesky, but with Adblocker and Noscript, I hardly see any ads on webpages I visit.  But I still tried signing up.  I thought it will make the pop-up message go away but it did not.  The successful sign up page told me that my application's awaiting approval and I think it'll take 48 hours.  And if there is something weird appearing on my page, that might be Adsense's doings. 

     And who clicks on the ads anyway?  I know I don't.  And Adsense says I could make money by placing ads.  Really?  Like a dollar a month?  Honestly, I have couple of readers, most are the people from PinoyExchange's Taiwan travel forum, but I don't think I get a lot of page views that could generate serious bucks.  But at the end of the day, I tried signing up.  Just so I'd know how ad placements work.   

     I know, I know, curiosity killed the cat. So, let's see.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...