11 September 2011

Thoughts: Succumbing to the iPhone Generation

I've always been a fan of not following the latest trends in technology. I am not particularly fond of texting and calling someone over the phone. I always feel I'm a bother. I don't have an iPod because I'm not particularly fond of pop music and I don't even listen to the radio or buy CDs or download music from iTunes. I think I'm just too absorbed with my own little world to think about having an iPhone. I mean, I won't be using it much anyway. But yesterday, I bought an iPhone. Yes, I finally gave in even though I am not a person who lives by texting and calling all day and night.

So why did I buy an iPhone though it's so expensive and overrated? It's simple. So I won't have to bring my laptop with me when I travel abroad. I could use the iPhone for better phone web browsing and since Blogger just had this new app, I could use my phone to blog about my latest travel adventures. Why not buy an iPad instead? I've seriously thought about it but I have 2 laptops already so I don't think it'll be of much use when I'm not traveling.

At the end of the day, I succumbed to the iPhone generation almost against my will and out of necessity and convenience. I just hope this purchase would really make a difference.

2 comments:

m1m1 said...

way to go sis shuurei! :)

Asian Travel Adventures said...

@ m1m1

I'm still unsure if it's worth anything. Laspag ang mga laptops sa akin but my 2-year old samsung jet still looks brand new, even without a screen protector!

Convenience lang talaga while traveling, assuming na may masagap ako na free wi-fi. Ang gusto ko talaga, Kindle, na hanggang ngayon, hindi ko pa din nabibili. Oh well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...