06 June 2014

Palawan Travel Adventures: Day 3 - El Nido Mangrove Eco-Park






On our third day in Palawan, we went to a mangrove eco-park in Marimegmeg, El Nido. The owners of the resort where we stayed, the Orange Pearl at the Marimegmeg Beach, owns another resort about a 3 to 5-minute drive from the Marimegmeg Beach.  It is located in a mangrove area.  The resort will open sometime this month, June 2014. According to the owners, and if I am not mistaken, the rates for their guesthouses would be around Php 5,000.00 per family room, good for 3 pax.  The owners also told us that they are planning a package that would include stays in both their beach and eco-park resorts.

Eco-Park Guesthouses

The owners constructed a narrow bamboo bridge amidst the mangrove trees that ends up at the water area leading to the open sea.  A small, motorized boat could ferry visitors around.








Walking along the bamboo bridge surrounded by mangrove trees is a first-time experience for me, as well as touring a mangrove area via boat.  The air is definitely cleaner, as the mangroves provide 10x more oxygen. I was glad we went there.  My spirit was refreshed, my mind got clearer, my heart was energized.  It was a leisurely, calming walk.  On the other hand, the boat tour was exciting, at least for me, since I was so looking forward to seeing the water widen into the open sea.


View from the boat ride


The open sea!

Since the Eco-Park is yet to open, I am not sure if tourists can go there on a whim.  Or if there is a fee to gain entry at the Park.  We were able to go to the Eco-Park because we were guests of the owners.  For inquiries, you may contact the Orange Pearl Resort.  They are listed at Agoda.com.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...