12 April 2011

Thoughts: My Taiwan Visa Application for the Second Time

    

     For the second time, I applied for a Taiwan tourist visa at the TECO in RCBC Plaza, Makati City.  I arrived at the building around 8:30 am and the counter at the reception area for the TECO already had a queue!  I was number 17.  I needed no further instructions as I already know the process.  I signed up to get a number and waited for the TECO receptionist near the exit going to the smoking area of the RCBC Plaza to get my number.  After getting my number, I went to back to the reception and left my government-issued ID in exchange for a visitor's pass.  If you do not have one, they'll ask you to leave a valid ID plus your cellular phone.

     When I got to the 41st floor where the TECO is located, the counters are already serving applicant number 4.  So swift, right?  By the time my number was called, I've been sitting for around 15 to 20 minutes.  Then I was done.  All in about 30 to 40 minutes, including the waiting time at the lobby.

     Some observations to help you in your application:

     1.  The counters for visa processing are counters 1 to 5.  Your number will be called via the numbering system overhead indicating which counter you should go.

     2.  The visa processor will check if your documents are complete and they'll ask you to wait to be called for payment.  The visa processor would ask you if you want to have your application expedited or not.

     3.  Payment for the visa is over at counter 6.

     4.  It takes 3 working days for the visa to be processed. 

    

    
    

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What are the requirements for applying a 2nd time for having a tourist visa?is there additional requirements, or its just desame requirements in the 1st time?

Unknown said...

Ano po vah ang requirements ng pangalawang pagkuha ng tourist visa? May karagdagang requirements po vah, o requirements parin kagaya ng dati Nung 1stym?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...