26 April 2011

Thoughts: Waiting for Flight from Taiwan to Manila, Stories and More

     I'm at the Taoyuan International Airport in Taiwan waiting for my 1:25 a.m. flight back home.  I had a few stories to tell which I would like to share with you in the coming days.  For now, I'll tell the story of how I got into the airport.

     Before I left the hostel where I stayed, I asked the staff for a cab because I didn't want to endure a 10-minute walk carrying heavy luggage around.  But the staff gave me the directions going to the bus terminal, based on her advise since it'll be too short of a ride.  I asked her if the terminal is the same terminal from where I got off when I came to Taipei, and she said yes.  So I waited at the bus stop and guess what?  The terminal for the express bus is located at the new Taipei Bus Terminal.  Good thing that the bus driver I asked was nice that he took me to their station and helped me from carrying my luggage and buying the correct ticket.  Mr. bus driver was really so, so nice.  I was profusely thanking him for letting me hitch hike on his bus and for helping me find my way to the correct express bus to the airport.



     A similar thing happened my first day in Taiwan.  Our flight to Taiwan was delayed, and so, I didn't catch the last Kuo Kuang bus.  So I waited for the next bus, the extra 3:00 a.m. bus.  When I got into the hostel, it was past 4 already and gosh, I had to leave at 5:30 a.m. to get my train ticket to Taichung.  I planned to go to Sun Moon Lake via train and then via the Taiwan shuttle bus going to Sun Moon Lake.  But when I got into the Taichung station, I couldn't find the waiting area for the shuttle bus.  So, I walked to the direction I was told to by the station staff but the area didn't look like the one I researched via Google maps.  It's totally alien.  I decided to enter a hotel and ask the reception about the Taiwan shuttle and they told me the directions, and they even hired me cab going to the Taiwan shuttle bus stop.  I was so thankful for their help.  I was already contemplating then to ditch my Sun Moon Lake plans if I wasn't able to find the stop.  Sometimes, all you have to do is to seek and perhaps maybe, you shall find.

    To all those who helped me find my way when I was lost or confused, thank you very much.  Xie xie!

     And oh, my tour guides last Sunday could not even believe that I'm Filipino.  They were expecting someone with dark skin, and they were surprised when they saw me who has a fairer skin that theirs.  Heehee.  It was really funny.  And also, I was mistaken for a Korean in Jinguashi.  A young male Korean who was with me during a tour around the Four-Joined Houses greeted me, "Anneyeong haseyo."  I said, "Anneyeong haseyo, but I'm not Korean."  Then all in the group laughed (there were four of us including the guide).  The guide told me that I'm really pretty.  Awww.  But she's an old lady...  Would it make a difference if a male told me that?  Yes, and a lot.  *wink*

     Before I forget, I don't think I look like a Korean. I have big, round eyes, although the guides I had last Sunday told me that I could really pass off as Taiwanese because of my fair complexion.  And oh, they all thought I was a student, in my early 20s.  How could that be possible?  When I was ten, everybody thought I was 15 0r 16 already.  It was worse when I was 12.  I looked like I was in college already.  By the time I got into high school, I looked like an OL (office lady).  And now, I'm almost 32, and people are mistaking me for a college student?  So, when I age, I become younger?  The guides told me that I have a baby face.  Maybe because my face is so round and full (of fat)?  Huh?!  Hahahahaha!

     I'm so tired already...I think it'll be boarding time soon.  Till then!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...