20 April 2011

Thoughts: My Travel Plans for Taiwan this Week

     Last week, I was so sure that I'll be visiting Sun Moon Lake and Alishan.  But after much thought and reading some information about some other places which are within reasonable distance from Taipei, I decided to ditch Alishan.  It broke my heart, really.  I so wanted to see Alishan.  Sadness.

      Instead, I decided to go to some other places that I've already visited, but not as thoroughly as I wanted to before, and a couple of new places.

     Here's an outline of my travel plans:


 
Day 1 Friday

Sun Moon Lake adventure!  I booked a ticket via the TRA website going to Taichung and I was successful!  Yay!  From Taichung Train Station, I'll take the Taiwan Trip Shuttle Bus going to Sun Moon Lake.  Then, I'll go on a boat tour (TWD 300), and ride the cable car (TWD 300).  As much as I want to go to the Formosa Aboriginal Center, I don't think I have the time.  But I'll take the round-the-lake bus (unli ride TWD 80), and really try my hardest to climb the Ci En Pagoda.  If not, I'll just be content taking its picture.

Day 2 Saturday

This one I think is easier for me.  I'll take the regular train going to Riufeng, then change trains going to Shifen to see the waterfalls they call Little Niagara or something, and the train tracks that cuts through the village.  Heehee.  I think the park opens at 8am for TWD 80, if I remember correctly.

Then I'd train the train back to Riufeng then catch a bus going to Jinguashi to see the Gold Ecological Museum, a place I really, really want to visit because of the Corner with Love tv series.

Afterwards, I'll take the bus to Jiufen and stay there till sunset.

If I still have the energy to go to Shilin Night Market, I'd do so.

Day 3 Sunday

I'll be having a Danshui tour in the morning and I'm hoping to catch the last day of the Calla Lily Festival up in Yangmingshan.  If I don't get to see the Calla Lillies, I'd be really, really, really sad.


Or perhaps I'll just go to Daxi Old Street instead of going to the Calla Lily Festival.

I'd go to some other places like Ximending, Xinyi, etc.  Who knows? I might even watch a movie at Miramar and ride the ferris wheel there.

Day 4

I'll go to Longshan Temple and tour around the area in the morning, inspired by the movie, Monga.

I'm contemplating on going to a hot springs resort in Beitou late morning.

Then, I'd go to the last day of the Taipei Flora Exhibition.  Since it's too large, I think I'll just have to see the Japanese garden and some other gardens as well.

Afterwards, some late shopping.

     It's so hectic, but I think I can manage to visit all these places.  Or more.  Heehee!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...