14 April 2011

Thoughts: Taiwan's New Logo and Slogan

     I was mildly surprised when the Taiwan tourism website (http://eng.taiwan.net.tw/) showed an unfamiliar slogan and logo on its homepage.  I mean, the last time I looked at the website was around Chinese New Year, and when I checked on it today, lo and behold, there's a new logo and slogan!

     The former slogan for Taiwan's tourism is Taiwan Touch Your Heart, and the logo is all sorts of colorful.  Now, the new slogan is Taiwan the Heart of Asia, and the logo is now a representation of Taiwan: tea, Taipei 101, snacks, Lantern Festival, nature, etc., all packed in a heart-shaped design.  The colors are muted and in the tones of brown, orange, green and blue.  You get a very earthy feel from it.  


  

     These are the logo and the slogan.  I just lifted both from the Taiwan Tourism website and incorporated it on a single photo so you'd get a holistic idea.

     Here's a video of the move from the old, and new logo and slogan.  You can view this video as intro to the Taiwan tourism website.  Very kawaii!  I got this one from Youtube, though.



     So, don't be surprised if you see these new logo and slogan when you arrive in Taiwan.  And for those who will go to Taiwan, like me, be ready to explore the heart of Asia, Taiwan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...