14 May 2011

Taiwan Travel Adventures 2011 - Sun Moon Lake, Part 2: Shueishe and Ita Thao Piers

Shueishe Pier


     So, I bought my Sun Moon Lake Pass for NTD 299.00 and I asked where I could board the ferry going to Ita Thao.  I was given directions going to the Shueishe Pier and was told to look for the Sun Moon Lake Pass booth and for the staff wearing a vest.  Apparently, the next ferry will be departing in a few minutes.  So, I rushed to the Shueishe Pier and I immediately found the booth.  It was located just below the steps, to the right, in front of a coffee shop.  I gave my pass, the staff tore my shuttle voucher and I was led to the boat which was about to depart.  I was among the last to get in.







     The shuttle boat was squeaky clean, and it was packed!  I was outside, standing.  Though I was wearing a skirt, it was fitted so it didn't go haywire when the boat started moving.  The emerald-colored water seemed so serene and it beckoned me to jump in.  Hahaha!  I wanted to lean in and reach the waters but I was afraid I might be castigated later by the boat operators and staff.  Heehee.  Far away, I could see the Ci En Pagoda.  I tried to zoom in the camera, but the boat was moving and so did my hands.  I got a couple of videos of my boat ride, and I posted one of them here:


 

    

     The boat ride was short.  It was no longer than 15 minutes; around 10 or so minutes.  But it was worth every second of it.  The shuttle boat slowed down coming in to the Ita Thao Pier.  The boat finally stopped, and docked, and I boarded down eagerly.  I walked on the boardwalk; I think it was beautiful, and the view was really fantastic.



The Ropeway can be seen from here, the circular building near the middle.




     I wanted to ride the Ropeway so I asked the boat staff how do I get there.  The staff pointed out to a far away place, to a circular building that I could see from where I was standing.  But it was too far!
      Oh well, I didn't want to take the bus anyway since the timing was off.  I might as well take a hike.  Who knows what I might find?  In the meantime, I took pictures of the lake, up close.  There was a stairway to the edge of the lake, and I got down there.  I was so tempted to touch the water, but I told myself not to.  If I did, I might not be able to hold back myself from falling into the lake.  I wanted to take a dip so badly!






    

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...