17 May 2011

Taiwan Travel Adventures 2011 - Sun Moon Lake, Part 5: Hanging Out at the Shueishe Pier



      I admit that I was already really, really tired that afternoon after riding the Ropeway.  I haven't slept the night before as I went straight from the airport to the hostel, then from the hostel to the train station going to Taichung and eventually, to Sun Moon Lake.  I returned to Shueishe Visitor's Center a few minutes before 3 p.m.; the Kuo Kuang bus to Taipei would leave at 4:20 p.m.  So, I still had at least 1.5 hours left before I finally depart.  I could have gone to see the Wenwu Temple, which the bus passed by going to the visitor's center, but I was really tired.  I had very little energy left.  I decided to just stroll along the Shueishe Pier and found treats along the way.



Shueishe Visitor's Center.



     I revisited Shueishe Pier and there were more people now than a few hours before.  I strolled along the boardwalk and went up the stone stairs where I saw people climbing down.  It was a good decision because the view up was amazing, plus the lattice woodwork looked romantic and charming; perfect for a cup of coffee.  But I didn't sit; neither did I buy coffee.  I continued to walk until I reached a huge parking lot where most tourist buses park.  Along the way, I saw several cafes.  I was so tempted to just sit down, sip coffee and enjoy the view.  But I didn't.


Shueishe Pier.








     A walked around the area twice because I had that plenty of time to burn.  I returned to a small shop where the enticing aroma of tea and waffles waft the air.  Apparently, it's a tea egg roll shop.  I tasted a sample and I fell in love with the taste.  I bought a pack to bring back to the Philippines.  Just beside the tea roll shop was an iced tea shop.  I bought an iced green tea, without sugar.  It was slightly bitter but very delicious.   Yum yum.


Sun Moon Lake Assam Black Tea Egg Rolls.


 The tea stall beside the egg roll stall.


     I came back to the visitor's center and patiently waited for my bus going back to Taipei.   Then it came!  yay!  And I slept for most part of the 4-hour trip.  When I reached Taipei, it was raining really hard.  But I had an umbrella with me, so no worries.  It was a very long day indeed.

     Before I forget, let me tell you that the bus ticket will have a seat number.  So, before you take a seat, check whether its your seat, okay?   

     And another tip.  There's a new visitor's center called, Xiangshan Visitor's Center.  It's very ultra chic, very modern.  The building itself is a marvel.  Very artistic.  A masterpiece.  I wanted to go there.  The Shueishe Visitor's Center staff told me that I need to board a bus which passes there.  You can ride the bus for free but it only passes by on certain hours of the day.  To see how the building looks, click HERE.  For bus service hours, click HERE.  I was supposed to go there but I forgot all about it because you need to ride a different bus.

     Do check out this official website of Nantou County Government - Tour Taiwan HERE.  It has links to everything you might ever need from Sun Moon Lake B&B information to transportation planning.


 This is the around-the-lake shuttle bus.


The flowers of Sun Moon Lake.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...