14 May 2011

Taiwan Travel Adventures 2011 - Sun Moon Lake, Part 3: Full House Resort!



     From Ita Thao Pier, the Sun Moon Lake Ropeway is around 650 meters away.  There's a sign, that is how I knew how far is it.  I followed the street signs from Ita Thao Pier and no more than five minutes, I came upon this quaint lodging, very rustic and charming.  This is that something I was looking forward to discovering in Sun Moon Lake.  It's a treat waiting for me to find. It's a log cabin, and there were tables outside its garden.  I took a step closer, and I saw a fantasy land.  I almost squealed in delight!  I love gardens and everything cute, and all of these are in this place called, Full House Resort. 

     I immediately forgot about the Ropeway, and I snapped pictures left and right.  There were silver trees made out of iron, I suppose, with fresh lemons and lime as decorations; the tables were adorned with fresh fruits such as apples, oranges and some veggies, too, like pumpkins.  Too good to be true!  There were a lot of animal figurines, like cats, rabbits, frogs, etc., around.  Wah!  Full House looks magical!





     I entered the Full House, and the inside was awesome as well.  There were a lot of art pieces and the decorations were so pretty!  I asked the man who seemed to be the owner or the manager if they serve lunch.  The man stared at me for a long time.  I motioned my hand as if to bring food to my mouth and he understood me.  He could speak a little English, too.  He bought me a menu and asked me if I'll be dining alone.  I said yes and he told me that I can only order this so and so because their food are mainly for sharing.  I chose the pork dish, and the man told me that it includes hot tea, too.  He asked me where I'd want to be seated, and I chose the garden, of course!

     I got a huge table under the canopy.  I would have wanted the small table but the sun was shining so crazy that I had to go to the shade.  While waiting for my meal, I took pictures everywhere.  I have a feeling that this is a lodging, too, so I was so tempted to book a room and stay for the night.



     My tea arrived and it's a pot!  Whoa!  The manager says it's their best tea and it was so delish!  



      Some time later, my food was brought to me.  The plate was huge!  The pork dish had a generous helping, and so was the rice.  There was half an orange, half a salted egg, loads of veggies, pork floss and plum on the side, plus a tofu and tomato soup!  So yummy; so filling!  And I paid  only around NTD 320.00 or so!  




     Around 12 noon, diners started to come.  When I came in, I was the sole diner.  I went inside the Full House to use the toilet and saw a middle aged lady getting out of her gown.  She told me they're celebrating the second wedding of her parents on their 60th anniversary.  So impressive!  And so sweet.  I congratulated them on their joyous occasion.  I saw the groom in a bow tie.  Aww...  I have a soft spot for grandmas and grandpops.

     I stayed for about an hour and a half at the Full House.  I never wanted to leave, but I must.  If only I had known about this place earlier, I would have made plans to stay there overnight.  I mean, who would not want to do so?  The Full House is like a secret garden where magic thrives.  It's really so, so dreamy...I swear I'll be back!    



    






For the Full House Resort website, click HERE.
 Room tariffs range from NTD 1,500 to 6,600.

Full House
Address: No. 8, Shueisiou St., Rihyue Village, 

Yuchih Township, Nantou County
Tel: (049) 285-0307 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...