10 July 2011

Air Philippines' Seat Sale - MLA to SG (10 July to 11 July 2011)

     Air Philippines has a seat sale for their Manila to Singapore flights starting today until tomorrow!  Travel period is from 20 July to 30 August 2011.  I made a mock booking and it's almost Php 6,600.00 round trip per person.  The base fare is really low but the fuel surcharge, taxes and fees make the amount a lot bigger.  However, the flights are for July and August, and the fare is not such a bad deal.  Although there is the possibility that you might get cancelled flights because its our typhoon season now.  

     Speaking of their seat sale for Singapore, I've ridden with Air Philippines during my 30 June to 04 July 2011 Singapore trip.  I bought the tickets for Php 2,950.00, round trip.  And mind you, Air Philippines' flights to Singapore and back are way better than Cebu Pacific.  For one, Air Philippines lands and departs at Terminal of Changi Airport.  Imagine that!  Cebu Pacific, Tiger Airways and Air Asia (I think), land at the Budget Terminal.  And I've taken Cebu Pacific twice to Singapore.  And the Budget Terminal's really budget-looking.  I remember we had to board down the plane via stairs (at least I experienced walking down the tarmac), even if it was raining.  And there was no airconditioning once you get inside the platform going to the terminal premises inside.  I don't know if there is one now.  Also, there's nothing much to do at the Budget Terminal, unlike at the main terminals of Changi Airport.  The Budget Terminal has a double meaning slogan, and I'm not sure if its the same now.  It's something like, Budget Terminal, Feel the Difference.  Yup, we really felt the difference.

     So, thank God for Air Philippines because I wanted to feel different!  Heehee.  However, I wish that they's try to sell more sale tickets on sale considering that they have not even filled up both flights I was in.  We were just around 50 to 80 on both flights.  At least, they should make their marketing strategies stronger.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...