20 July 2010

Taiwan Adventure: Day 1 - At the Airport

FIRST DAY, Saturday 
TAOYUAN AIRPORT, TERMINAL 1

    The plane landed at the Taoyuan Airport Terminal 1 a few minutes early, around 12:30 a.m.  People were on a rush to get their luggage and pass through the immigration to catch the last airport bus (Freego bus) to Taipei City which departs at 1:00 a.m.  I was in no such hurry as I had already set my mind to spend a couple of hours at the arrival hall of the airport and wait for the first Evergreen bus in the morning.  I did not book a hotel room for Saturday midnight considering that it would cost me a whole-day charge.  To reiterate, I was travelling alone and I needed to be more frugal.  Moreover, I’d rather spend the money for the organized tours I booked.  So, I waited and sat on the hard-cushioned seats, browsed the internet, thanks for the free wi-fi, until I fell asleep around 3:00 a.m.  Don’t worry, there was a lady guard on duty in front me so I was pretty much secure.

    When I finally woke up, it was already 5:00 a.m.  I freshened up quite a bit, and waited for the Evergreen bus counter, which I believe was operated by EVA Air, to open.  Its first departure to Taipei City was scheduled for 6:00 a.m.  The other counters opened earlier, but Evergreen has a stop very near from my hotel.  When my bus arrived, I was the sole passenger from Terminal 1; I noticed, though, that there were already some people inside who boarded the bus in Terminal 2.

    Here are a couple of pictures inside, and outside Terminal 1:

Arrival Hall



Express Buses



Express Bus Counters
I've taken the liberty to label the counters according to the service providers.
There is another counter at the far right (not in photo).


Evergreen Bus Pick-up Point


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...