25 July 2010

A Short Weekend in Subic, Philippines - Part I

     I had a sudden official leave Friday last week.  My superior asked me to attend a seminar in Subic in his stead late Thursday.  The seminar was to start at *gasp* 8:00 a.m. that coming Friday.  From Manila, Subic is about 3.5 hours to 4 hours away by public transportation (bus) on the regular route, or 2 hours by car or by bus via SCTEX.  That would mean I have to wake up really early to be on time, and to make sure that I would not be late, I was chauffeured to Subic.  I still had to wake up by 3:00 a.m. to prepare for an overnight stay in Subic.  So, yay.

     I have been to Subic for like 5 times already but it was my first time to go there via SCTEX.  I was so amazed.  The view is just lovely.  There was a mountain range that I did not know existed, the sky was clear and the view was just picturesque.  The most fun parts of SCTEX were the mountainous/hilly areas which were cut through the middle to pave for the highway. 

     Here are some of my SCTEX pictures:




This path carved in the center of a mountain reminds me of the parting of the red sea.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...