11 July 2010

From the Philippines to Taiwan

           My friends and I booked plane tickets to Taiwan for travel this June.  However, they weren’t able to join me to Taiwan due to unforeseen circumstances.  And it was only confirmed less than two (2) weeks before our intended departure.  So, yay.


          Seriously, instead of wallowing in depression, I was very enthusiastic to be travelling alone.  I know, I specifically scheduled our Taiwan trip to coincide my birthday, but still, travelling on my own, for the first time, seemed exciting.  And exciting it was!

AIRPORT TERMINAL 3: MANILA TO TAIPEI via CEBU PACIFIC

          I was more than three (3) hours early for my late evening flight.  In fact, I was the first one to check-in.  There was no open counter for Taiwan yet, but the friendly assistants not only allowed me to check-in, they gave me seat 1C, an aisle seat closest the exit door.  I requested for a good seat, after charming the staff, but instead, they gave me the best one; my prize for checking-in early.  See, joking with assistants and ground staff really do make the difference. 

          For the benefit of the interested, I’ve uploaded some pictures of the departure area.  I’ve often used Terminal 3 where the boarding gates for Cebu Pacific are located.  In fact, I use Cebu Pacific quite extensively.  Tickets are cheap when they're on sale, and I always buy my tickets on sale.


       Terminal 3, Ninoy Aquino International Airport

      Cebu Pacific Airlines international flights check-in counter.


     The seats at the boarding gates are cushioned, and one can catch a nap in here.  Quite comfortable, I should say.



     This is what my boarding pass looked like; a printed tape receipt like what you get at the stores.  I was so scared that I might tear it, worse, lose it.  Guess, this is part of the budget mantra of Cebu Pacific.




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...