11 September 2010

Taiwan Adventure: Day 2 - Hello Kitty Sweets

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

     I love everything cute, and it includes Hello Kitty.  I don't know where this fascination with Hello Kitty came from.  I think I was in college when the allure of the furry cat caught my attention.  See, I hated the color pink before, but Hello Kitty made me accept the detestable color in my life and now, pink and I are friends.

     Anyway, I thoroughly researched the Hello Kitty Sweets on the internet and I was glad to know that it's located near my hotel, just one stop easily reached via the MTR.  From the MRT Zhongxiao Fuxing Station Exit 3 (across the white Sogo Department Store), walk one block, then turn right and you'll find the Hello Kitty Sweets along the street.  The walking time takes approximately five minutes.

    In my case, I went to Hello Kitty Sweets after returning from my Jiufen tour, and although I was not able to eat anything since 7:00 a.m., I wasn't famished.  It was a good thing, though, because the dinner I ordered from the menu, with the help of the waitresses wearing pink loli outfits, was light.  Just a caesar's salad with chicken and the drinks and dessert that came with it.

     Well, the food is okay, nothing to rave about.  After all, I went there to see the restaurant and to experience dining in Hello Kitty fashion.  It did not disappoint.  Everything is Hello Kitty in pink and white.  The walls, the doors, the ceilings, the tables, the furnishings.  Everything is kawaii!  Even the restroom is decorated pink and white.  The downside is that the food is quite expensive, and there is a minimum food purchase per person of NTD 300.00.  With the expensive price, it'd be easy to reach that minimum.  However, to save some money, don't order dessert anymore because the main dishes come with free drinks and gelatin dessert, unless you really want to eat a cake.

     As for the service, it's really superb.  I don't speak Mandarin so when I asked help in choosing from the menu entirely written in Mandarin, almost all the waitresses came to my rescue and bounced off ideas explaining the menu to me.  And, when I was not able to get a cab because the cabbies I talked with didn't speak English, the cashier downstairs asked one of the waitresses to hail me a cab going to my destination.  Indeed, they're really helpful, like out-of-the-way helpful, and I'm grateful for that.

     Will I return to Hello Kitty Sweets? Of course.  And I might even try visiting the Hello Kitty hotel room and the Hello Kitty ferris wheel in Kaoshiung the next time I visit Taiwan.

     
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...