11 September 2010

Taiwan Adventure: Day 2 - Miramar Mall and Hwahsi Night Market



     I've been fast-tracking the posting of my Taiwan Adventures considering that I'll be working on my Hong Kong and Shenzhen Adventures soon.  See, I've recently returned from Hong Kong on a four-day trip, and I have to wrap up my Taiwan posts as soon as possible to make way for my new travel adventures.  And, I haven't started on my previous Thailand (March 2010 & 2008), Singapore (October 2008 & 2009), and Hong Kong and Macau (May 2009) Adventures yet.

     So, now, I'll talk about my Miramar Mall and Hwahsi Night Market visits.  Miramar Mall is an out-of-the-way mall located some 15 or so minutes away by cab from the Hello Kitty Sweets cafe.  It can be reached by public transportation, too, via the MRT on the brown line and the free shuttle of the mall.  The only reason why I wanted to go and see the mall, except for the huge ferris wheel on top of it, is my love for Taiwanese drama series.  The Miramar Mall has been featured in Why Why Love starring Rainie Yang and Mike He, both of whom I truly adore.  Though it was so out of the way, it was well worth it.  Heck, if I wasn't too apprehensive of the time (it was almost 9:00 in the evening), and too tired, I would have loved to watch a movie in their IMAX theater and hang out with the young crowd.  Well, let's just say that the mall was teeming with teens and college-aged kids.  I'm 31 already, but well, I think I best relate with people younger than I am and I really get along with them, like my nieces and nephews.  Perhaps because I failed to mature mentally that we're more or less on the same level. Heehee.

     While inside the mall, I saw a poster of the new Meitantei Conan movie and the people were giving me curious stares...what the hell is that woman doing taking pictures of a movie poster like crazy?  See, in the Philippines, anime and other Asian movies are not marketed to be shown on the big screen, save for the influx of horror films some five or so years ago like The Ring.  So, I was so excited to see that Detective Conan poster.

     After a while, I decided to head to the hotel and retire for the night.  Luckily, I saw a free shuttle going to Shilin Night Market.  I hopped on the bus and the ride to Shilin Market was tranquil: the tree-lined streets at night were a sight to behold, plus, it passed by somewhere we could see the Grand Hotel in all its blazing glory.  Really a sight to behold especially at night.

     Considering that the bus stopped at Shilin Night Market, I looked around for a while and after some thirty minutes, I rode the MRT going to Longshan Temple.  Since it was late already, I might as well visit the Hwahsi Night Market.  I know, I was supposed to head directly to the hotel but I might as well maximize my time in Taipei, right?

     From Shilin Night Market, or Jiantan Station, I rode the red line going to the Taipei Main Station, and changed to the blue line going to Longshan Station.  The shops at the underground market at the MRT station in Longshan were already closing and I hurried to the Hwahsi Night Market, which was just across the street from the Longshan Temple.  There were many people, and though it was already late, it was still humid.  I just took a couple of pictures and I hurried back to the station.  I didn't know what time it would close so I ditched my idea to go to Ximenting.  Instead, I went back to my  hotel.  This time, I really retired for the night.


The cast of Why Why Love.
Photographic evidence why I love Rainie Yang and Mike He.
They're too cute for words!


(Wrong spelling; should have been Miramar Mall.  Sorry for the faux pas)


The same background above in the pictures below:



...and here:




This is where some scenes from the series were shot:





I didn't ride the ferris wheel because I'm a wuss.
How many couples do you think were cuddling in there? Hmm...




Hwahsi Night Market







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...