26 September 2010

Thoughts: Mooncake Festival

     When I was in Hong Kong early this month, I noticed that there were a lot of posters for mooncakes; at the MTRs, malls, everywhere.  I was wondering why.  Then, I realized, the mooncake festival was about to come. 

     Last week, I received mooncakes from a Chinese acquaintance I met a few years back.  I helped her with some matters concerning her citizenship, and now, she doesn't fail in giving me gifts every Christmas, Chinese new year and mooncake festival.  One Chinese new year, she even gave a red envelope with some cash inside.  Well, she's older than me by some 15 years or so, and she wouldn't take the envelope back, insisting it's tradition, so I just imagined it came from my aunt.  Heehee.

     This year, she sent a box of mooncakes and some yogurt treats for the mooncake, or mid-autumn, festival. Yay! 







   
   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...