12 September 2010

Taiwan Adventure: Wrap-up

  

     Finally, I've finished my Taiwan adventure chronicles.  A few observations and insights:

     First, the people of Taiwan are warm, helpful and hospitable.  They made me feel at home, and whenever I was on a bind, someone would lend a helping hand with a smile.

     Second, I've only seen a part of Taiwan but what I saw was just beautiful.  And the city is very green and very clean.

     Third, I like that Taipei, though a city, has plenty of parks and walking and/or hiking trails to offer.  And rest and relaxation can be had some 30 minutes away from the city, like in Beitou and Yangmingshan.

     Fourth, I love that beauty products from Japan are cheaper.  A huge bottle of Tsubaki shampoo is less than Php 400.00 at Cosmed.

     Fifth, Taiwanese people are stylish, and I felt so pedestrian with my Coach bag since a lot of people were carrying LVs and Guccis.

     Sixth, public transportation is efficient and orderly.  Almost no one takes the seats reserved for the pregnant, disabled, the old and the children at the MRTs, even if these are unoccupied.  And, the waiting lines at the MRTs are so organized, and people fall in line properly, with a good distance from the person in front of them.  Unlike here in my country, they don't push/pull people whenever the trains arrive.

     Seventh, I want to live in Taiwan, but that's next to impossible, unless I obtain a scholarship for Mandarin language studies.  And I might just do that, probably.

     Eighth, I want to return to Taiwan the soonest possible time.  Perhaps next year during spring.  I'll stay longer, not just for three days, and I'll visit Alishan, Kaohsiung, Sun Moon Lake, and other places of interest. I'm always in awe of the beauty of nature.

     Ninth, of course, Taiwan is a very beautiful country.  I love its mountains, I love its seas. I love its culture, I love its tea.  I love its people's warmth.  And of course, I love its food and Taiwan's love for Hello Kitty!

     And tenth, I love Taiwanese drama series.  I love Ariel Lin, Vic Zhou, Jerry Yan, Rainie Yang, Mike He, Joe Cheng, Ethan Ruan, Allan Luo.  The next time I visit Taiwan, I'll make sure I'll scout more places where their tv series were shot, like Meteor Garden and Black and White.  I understand Black and White was shot in Kaohsiung.

     There.  I think I've said it all, at least for now.

     Thank you Taiwan for those lovely memories! I'll be back to see you again soon!

4 comments:

risse said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading your stories about Taiwan. Love the pictures too! I'm going on a trip to Taiwan March next year and I'm on my own too, so I'm taking some comfort in your adventures. I haven't planned my itinerary yet, and after reading your entries, I thought I could more or less "follow your footsteps", if that's alright.

I'd like to know how much I should prepare for a three-day visit. And is there any particular travel group/agency you can recommend for the guided tours?

Thanks a bunch! ;-)

youknowyouloveme said...

@ risse

I'm so, so glad you found my blog useful. And of course, it's more than alright if you could use any of my tips and itinerary. As for the travel group, I availed of Edison Tours' guided tours. I just found about them via the Taiwan Tour Bus website. I highly recommend their Jiufen tour, but not the Yangmingshan tour.

As for planning for a three-day tour, I recommend buying the 3-day unlimited tourist pass for the MRT/buses/ferries. If you're going to be commuting, it'll save you some bucks, plus it's convenient.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you should have more queries. I'd be glad to help a fellow traveler. Good luck to you and happy trip planning!

Anonymous said...

Hi. My wife and I just arrive from our Taiwan Trip. As a teen I made a trip to Sun Moon Lake with my parents. When I got married I promised my wife that I would bring her there. Some thirty years later I made good my promise. Your advise regarding on-line booking for TRA tickets and how-to tips when in Sun Moon Lake made planning easier. Thank you. Rollie B. (Philippines)

Asian Travel Adventures said...

You're welcome! I'm glad to be of help! I planned my solo trips to Taiwan myself and I really wanted to help others plan their own travels to Taiwan.

I hope you and your wife enjoyed your visit to Sun Moon Lake. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...