06 December 2010

Beijing Adventure: Day 1 - From Manila to Beijing

   
Beijing Terminal 2's luggage conveyor.
The only photo I have of the airport upon arrival.


      I'm back!

     After a week's hiatus (I was so swamped with work), I'm finally blogging again!  And, I'm really excited for this new series of posts involving my travel adventures in Beijing, China.  It almost seems a daunting task to do, after all, there are a lot of pictures to sort out, but I'll try my best to wrap up my travel adventures before the year ends.

     DAY 1 - Airport to Airport

     Honestly, nothing much happened.  Our flight via Cebu Pacific 5J 672 was scheduled for departure around 7:30 p.m., so I had time to go to work then leave early for check-in.  I went to the airport wearing my uniform.  Yup, pencil skirt and garish blouse.  And I didn't even change.  I mean, what for?  By the time we arrive in Beijing, it'd be past 12:00 in the morning.  We'd just go straight to the hotel, then go to bed. So, no need for a cute outfit.

     Well, my outfit was getting its fair share of puzzled looks from people, especially  when we arrived in Beijing's Terminal 2 airport.  Well, let's say it was freaking cold and my clothes were too thin for the weather.  I didn't give a hoot abut the temperature; I was feeling cold but it wasn't too much.  Besides, I had a trench dress waiting to be worn over my uniform.  I only wore it, though, after we retrieved our luggage, just before heading towards the exit. 

     Our transfer service was waiting for us when we arrived, and when we came out of the terminal, cold, dry winds greeted us.  And, I couldn't see clearly because my glasses broke during the flight and also due to the fog.  Needless to say, I didn't see anything interesting during the transfer; Beijing was a blur in my eyes without my spectacles.

     After around 40 minutes or so, we finally reached our hotel, the Marriot Courtyard at Chongwenmen.  We settled in, I took a quick, warm shower, and fell asleep.  I had no hard time falling asleep even though I already slept for most of the 5-hour flight to Beijing.  Guess, I was just so tired.  Besides, we had word that our tour guide would pick us up around 9:00 a.m. the same morning. So, to wake up early, we needed to sleep right there and then.

     Some  Observations

     1.  The immigration officials at the airport were very prompt, courteous and nice.  And, their booths have a small machine which allows the persons they're serving to give feedback on their service by pushing a button which may be for very satisfied, satisfied,, or dissatisfied; something like that.  Of course, we choose very satisfied.  We had no reason not to.

     2.  It was really cold when we arrived, freezing cold, in fact, but tolerable, if you at least have a coat.

     3.  Our room was comfortably warm at first, but I woke up with sweat on my back.  We didn't know how to tamper with the  heater.

     4.  I've read on different forums that there's a slight sewer-like smells even in hotel bathrooms.  We didn't notice such a thing. 

     5.  Getting picked-up by coach at the airport is really convenient.  And I'm so getting used to it.


 We only slept upon arriving at the hotel past midnight.
So, not much photos, really.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...