27 December 2010

Hotels and Accommodations

     For some reason, I haven't been able to blog about hotels and accommodations despite the fact that these are integral to traveling.  I guess, I just didn't want to unnecessarily promote the hotels I have been to.  However, if blogging about it would be of help to anyone, I should start to do so right now.

    As a primer, I usually stay at 3 to 5-star hotels; I haven't stayed at a hostel, yet.  Perhaps if I'm traveling alone again, I might, to save money.

     Here are the hotels I have stayed at during my travels around Asia.  I'll blog separately and post my personal pictures sometime soon.  I didn't have a problem with any of these hotels; if there were any, perhaps, just about minor details that wouldn't detract me from staying at these hotels again.  Maybe, I am just too easy to please.  It's just that I know what to expect for the price I paid.  If I paid a sum for a three-star hotel, I wouldn't expect a five-star service and accommodation.  For example, the Panda Hotel is a good three-star hotel; it's clean, but it's small and rather far from the city center but it's really cheap.  On the other hand, the Langham Place is sublimely lovely; the rooms are bigger than the Panda, the bathroom as well, the view very interesting and the bed's super comfortable.  Plus, it's located in Mongkok.  However, it's really pricey.  For the cost I paid, I got my money's worth.  Of course, there were a few surprises when the hotel was better than expected.


     BANGKOK, Thailand            -     Hotel Ibis Siam (now All Seasons Bangkok) in March 2008;

     SINGAPORE                       -     Albert Courtyard Hotel in October 2008;

     KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia   -     The Zon Residences Hotel in October 2008;

     HONGKONG, China           -     Panda Hotel and the Langham Place in May 2009;

     MACAU, China                   -     The Venetian and Casa Real in May 2009;

     SINGAPORE                      -     Pan Pacific Hotel Marina in October 2009;

     BANGKOK, Thailand          -     Amari Watergate Hotel in March 2010;

     TAIPEI, Taiwan                  -     Delight Hotel in June 2010;

     HONGKONG, China           -     Kimberley Hotel in September 2010;

     BEIJING, China                  -     Courtyard by Marriot and Hotel Kapok in November 2010.


       Happy travel planning!

2 comments:

holyland tours said...

I think blogging about travel experience could be a great help to fellow travelers, and I actually appreciate you posting your hotel reviews here. When ever I decide to travel somewhere, I first look online for updated info, from private people who visited the place I wish to visit and review it without an agenda. I'm planning an Asia visit in a March and totally value your blog. Thanks! :)

youknowyouloveme said...

@ holyland tours

I'm glad that my blog has been helpful to fellow travelers. I will really try to post pictures of the hotels I stayed at here as well as a quick review of my experiences. I have also reviewed some of these hotels via Tripadvisor where I am a member. Thanks for your insight and appreciation. Happy holidays!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...