24 January 2011

Thoughts - Planning a Rendezvous with Mr. J in Taipei



     I went to the theaters yesterday, as I always do almost every week.  This time, I watched the Green Hornet.  I was curious because I used to watch the Green Hornet tv series' reruns when I was a kid.  I mean, Kato in the tv series was none other than Bruce Lee; who wouldn't want to watch?  Well, I was also  a little confused that Green Hornet's Seth Rogen.  He is more known for his comedy films.  So, what the heck, I might as well give it a shot.

     So, I was sitting contently in the movie house, then all of the sudden, Jay Chou appeared as Kato, the barista?  I knew Jay Chou's in the film as Kato, but I couldn't care less.  After all, I only know him to be super famous in Asia but I don't know any of his songs or films.  But then, every single time he appears on screen, not just as a barista but as a genius car-and-arms designer/inventor/martial arts expert, my heart starts to go, doki doki.  Really.  And I've never seen nor heard any of his works but his presence onscreen?  Amazing.  He was so darn charismatic.  I mean, he had me when he sang Gangsta's Paradise.  By the end of the movie, what started as a fleeting admiration became an adoration that by the time I got home, I knew I fell in love.

     I tried to rationalize everything.  Can I really be converted into a believer after just one movie?  Am I really that easy?  Hmm.  Yup, I think I am that easy.  Heehee.  Anyway, it's a good thing that I'll be back to Taiwan this April where Jay Chou hails and I'll be able to go to his  French-Italian restaurant in Taipei, Mr. J.  You see, the last time I was in Taiwan, I was contemplating on whether or not I should go to the restaurant.  Not that I am a fan; I don't even know him then, but only because it's one of the must-visit restaurants in Taipei, along with PS Bubu which is where one of the scenes in Meteor Garden was shot.  I was supposed to go there on my first day in Taipei but the restaurant would not open until lunch time and I didn't have the liberty to wait since it was just almost 10:00 a.m. and I must be on my way to see the Taipei 101.  Besides, I was supposed to go the Hello Kitty Sweets the following day so I dropped Mr. J.  I didn't know him then anyway.

     Now, it's a different story.  I feel I need to go to Mr. J, and settle my feelings once and for all.  I'm planning a rendezvous.  I hope Mr. J waits up for me.  Lol! 

     Here are the details of Mr. J's, courtesy of m1m1 -

Mr. J Restaurant 義法廚房

台北市光复南路308巷43号
Address: No.43 Lane 308, Guangfu St., Da-an District, Taipei City 106
Tel 2377-9090/(02)2731-2245
Opening hours: 1130am - 10:00pm
http://www.mrj-tw.com/

2. Mr J II at 吳興街250號 within the Taiwan Medical University

2 comments:

risse said...

Like him a lot in The Secret too. His piano skills are amazing. ;-) And not that you mention a restaurant, you gave me just the perfect idea for my Taiwan visit this March. ;-)

Btw, I really enjoy your entries here.

youknowyouloveme said...

@ risse

Thanks for your comment! Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads my entries,and then I receive such a comment, like yours, and I get really happy. My efforts are not in vain after all!

I was just about to watch The Secret when I read your comment. I don't really know Jay Chou, but that scene he had with Cameron Diaz in The Green Hornet where he played the piano? It was so mesmerizing! I was like, "is his piano skills real?" Now I know it's real! Thanks a lot!

And good luck to your March trip to Taiwan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...