13 January 2011

Beijing Travel Adventures - Day 1; Dinner at Tang Du




     After the acrobat show, we went to Tang Du restaurant for dinner.  Our guide said that dinner will be  traditional Beijing dishes, including the ever famous kung pao chicken and roast duck.  Again, the food served to us was more than what we could consume.  I liked the first restaurant better, though.  I drank a glass of free local beer,even if I don't really drink. I just want to taste it.

     The duck wasn't really roasted; it was a cooked one with sauce, bell peppers, etc (see lower right photo).  According to my friends, the kung pao chicken was tasty.  I didn't eat it because I don't like spicy foods.
    
     On our way to the restaurant, the guide  asked  us if we have preference on what we wanted to eat.  I told her no seafood because of my allergies.  She told me that there wouldn't be any, and there isn't much in Beijing since Beijing is far away from the sea.  Yay!

     After dinner, we returned to the hotel to retire for the day.  Whew!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...