23 January 2011

Beijing Adventures - Day 2: A Very Satisfying Peking Duck Dinner at Jin Xing Lou

This is where we ate.  I forgot the name of the restaurant, though.  Who can help me?
EDT:  According to commoner over at PEX, this is called "Jin Xing Lou," a typical Beijing-style restaurant.  Thanks a lot, commoner!



     A short ride from the Pearl Market and we reached our last destination for the day, a restaurant for our Peking Duck dinner.  According to our tour guide, the restaurant is famous in the vicinity.  Which vicinity, I don't know.  But I noticed that it's located in a locals area; there was a supermarket, food stalls and  eateries selling noodles, and those food-on-sticks.  Also, it seems to be located in a residential area because I've seen some apartments and/or condominiums there.

     So, this is our Peking duck dinner.  We had a table at the back; the moment we entered, all eyes were on us.  Really, I'm not kidding.  I scanned the restaurant and we were the only non-Chinese there.  It was full of families dining.  There was one family with a child, around 7 years old, and the girl's in some sort of a costume, so I guess she just performed somewhere.  And then, there's this table adjacent to ours; he's obviously dining with his parents.  And he's my future husband.  Lol! 

     Then the guide told us that the Peking duck will be prepared in front of us.  Then there goes this chef of some sorts with a cart and a full Peking duck.  He started cleaving half a duck.  It was not my first time to see the process.  After all, I live in the Philippines and there are a lot of Chinese here, as well as Chinese restaurants, but to see it in Beijing is kinda special, don't you think?


The chef was very amiable.  I can see through his mask that he's smiling!

    
     Of course, there were other foods served, but I really, really loved the flavor of their Peking duck.  This is the best restaurant we've eaten at in our Beijing tour package.  Everything was delectable and really tasty!  And of course, my future husband, as well as my future mother and father-in-law were looking at me (I wish!), well, looking at us, sneaking glances every once in a while.  Don't worry future husband, I was also looking at you; if only it isn't rude to stare, I would have gazed at you longingly.  Hahaha! Mother, father, I'd be honored to be your daughter.  Hohoho!  Speaking of which, my future husband is not only tall, like really tall at least 6 ft in height,  handsome and curious at other nationalities, meaning, us, he seems to be filial.  He took his parents out for dinner, I guess.

     Enough of my boy-hunting.  By the way, my friends and I were all saying, my the best girl win!  LOL!

     Going back to the food, every thing served to us proved to be really yummy.  It wasn't as oily as some of the dishes we've tried, and again, the food was more than we could consume.  As for the Peking duck, well, we all know how to eat it, no need for instructions.  We're still Asians and Peking duck is very famous and as I've said, many restaurants in our country serve Peking Duck.  Yeah, but that didn't deter me to pick up a slice and eat it with rice.  I'm such a rice-loving person.  Heehee.




     So, we left the restaurant, and I was trying not to look at my future husband but in my peripheral I saw him, and my future in-laws looking at us, following us with their gaze.  Farewell, okasama, otousama; good bye, anata.  Lol!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...