25 June 2011

Taiwan Travel Adventures 2011: Day 2 in Jinguashi (Part 5) - A Miner's Lunch Experience and Strolling Around the Gold Ecological Park





     I know, I have way too many posts about my Jinguashi trip.  But don't worry, this is the last, I promise.

     The gold panning experience wrapped up at lunch time.  Before I headed down, I snapped pictures of the surroundings, including the dogs that seem to live in the area I found sleeping at different places in the Park.  While going down, I saw a very dilapidated Japanese house.  It looked forlorn and desolate.  There was a sturdy wooden gate but the house itself was beyond repair.




     In one of my earlier posts about Jinguashi, I wrote about the food stall of Show Luo's grandmother in Corner with Love.  It's actually part of the alfresco dining of a restaurant at the Park.  And, the restaurant's offering a miner's lunch set which comes with a stainless lunchbox, chopsticks and cloth wrapper.  Very Japanese.  It has rice and breaded porkchop inside and pickled side dish.  It's such a treat!  It was for TWD 230.00, if I remember correctly.








     .There are other interesting places at the Gold Ecological Park.  Even the police station looks really, really cute.  It's the best looking police station I've seen anywhere.  It's made of wood, too, to blend in with the Japanese feel of the Park.  There are food stalls, too, selling those Taiwanese sausages.  And there's a very quaint, very cute coffee shop with the cutest owls and dogs decorations ever!  It's in front of an old, dilapidated wooden house that looks straight out of a suspense movie.








     And, there are dogs inside the Park.  I don't know if it's the same dog, but I've seen it around the Park, sleeping!  So, so cute!




     And, if you need to use the  toilet, don't fret.  They're clean and I think they have western toilets, too.  But I used the eastern toilet.  I think it's cleaner since your skin won't have to touch the seat and the  flush. You just have to face the hooded end and press the  flush with your foot.


   
   

4 comments:

eve said...

as usual nice pics sis, gusto ko din pumunta diyan hehehe....

youknowyouloveme said...

@ eve

Sis! Thanks a lot! Up and running na ba yung blog mo? So excited for you!

eve said...

may ganun ba? hehe di alam e no hehehe, di ko pa nappromote ala pa laman dami pa backlogs, nakakadugo ng ilong gumawa e hehe.

thanks sis, idol kita e hehehe...

youknowyouloveme said...

@ eve

Sis, I saw your blog na. Congrats!

Ang hirap pumili ng pictures, plus ang daldal ko pa. Heehee. Nakaka nose bleed talaga. Most of the time, tamad na tamad ako, kaso, nandito na, eh. Tsaka may nagbabasa din kasi kahit papaano, so, dapat ipagpatuloy ang nasimulan. Sana lang talaga, may natutulong ako sa mga travellers like us. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...