03 June 2011

Thoughts: Confirmed Hotel Booking at the Festive Hotel in Resorts World, Singapore


     
     This week, I finally booked a 3D2N Tropical Special Package for Festive Hotel at the Resorts World, Singapore.  I know this is sort of expensive; the package costs SG 598.00 (Php 21,000+).  However, it includes a two (2) one-day pass at Universal Studios and two (2) tickets at Voyage La Vie (it's like the Cirque du Soleil or something), which cost SG 72.00 (weekend) and SG 68.00, per ticket, respectively.  So, it'll seem that a night at a Family Room costs just less than Php 5,000.00 a night with the goodies that come with it.  And oh, it's already inclusive of that abominable 10% service charge and 7% government taxes.  Not so much of a bad deal, don't you think?

     For our first night in Singapore, however, my friend booked us a very cheap hotel which costs just SG 100.00 a night.  The hotel's name is something like Tai Hoe and the reviews at Tripadvisor are not encouraging.  Oh well, that's super cheap so I'd better not expect anything.

     As for our Malaysia side-trip, I am cancelling my reservation at the Courtyard @ Hereen in Malacca because I just learned that the first bus out of Malacca to Singapore is at 2:30 p.m.  We won't make it to the airport on time for our flight.  Apparently, the duration of the travel is not 3 hours as I originally thought, but 5 hours!  So instead, we'll go to Kuala Lumpur where the bus service to and from  Singapore is more frequent.  Moreover, the travel time is almost the same as with Singapore-Malacca.    

     We have not yet made plans on where to go or what to see in Singapore and in Kuala Lumpur, except to go to the Universal Studios in Singapore, the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur, and of course, to shop.  But with the seemingly jacked-up prices with both Singapore and Kuala Lumpur hotels, I am destined to spend so, so much more than intended.  Well, I'll just charge it to experience; at least, I'd be making my mother and my sister happy with our family trip (and me, broke!).

     ETA:  Our Melaka tour will push through!  The Courtyard @Hereen was able to secure us tickets to Singapore for 04 July 2011 11 a.m. departure.  Yay! 

1 comment:

youknowyouloveme said...

@ pramod negi

Thanks for stopping by. It'll be my 3rd time in SG and my 2nd in Malaysia. I hope my family gets all the fun as it will be their first time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...