30 January 2012

Seat Sale - Air Philippines' Express Sale [Travel Period July to 30 Nov 2012]






     The Express Sale we've all been waiting from Air Philippines is finally here!  And I should say that I am a little disappointed with the sale for Singapore.

      I know that fuel prices are really, really high right now.  But a fuel surcharge of Php 3046 is a little off-putting, especially when the earliest travel dates are five months away.  Last year during their similar express sale in early January, I was able to book Manila-Singapore round trip tickets for only Php 3,600 (if I remember correctly; it could be lower).  Now, it costs Php 5,896.00.  Hmm.  Well, it is a little disappointing but it is still lower than PAL, and competitive with Cebu Pacific's sale fares.  After all, Cebu Pacific's fare for their Manila-Siem Reap flights costs about Php 5,300.00.  So, it's still okay, I guess.  Anyway, we should blame the high fuel cost for the higher fuel surcharge.

     But the domestic flights are okay.  It's less than Php 1,000 round trip, say for example, Manila to Tagbilaran.  Fuel surcharge for domestic is around Php 700.00 for flights originating from Manila.

     So, happy travel planning!


Screencap of the mock-booking I made for Singapore.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...