22 January 2012

Thoughts: It is a Holiday Tomorrow, 23 January 2012



     Yes, tomorrow there is no work and no classes because the President declared 23 January 2012 as a holiday. Why? Because the President has Chinese blood in his veins and perhaps he also wants to mark his presidency with his own set of holidays. And yes, it's for the coming Chinese new year, that is why.

     I am not opposed to holidays. In fact, I love holidays. Probably because I go to the office every week day so I get suffocated sometimes that I am always in search for a break. However, this country has too much holidays. Really. Well, it's good for local tourism but not so for the business sector. But, maybe that is one of the reasons why it's allegedly fun in the Philippines...we all have a lot of days to play!

     Anyway, I am off to watch Katy Perry's concert at SM Mall of Asia with my family (yes, I bought 2 more tickets), so let me greet you guys in advance, Happy Chinese New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...