23 January 2012

Thoughts: Philippine Airlines, Asia's First, is Up for Sale!



     For some weird reasons, the blog post I made yesterday was not saved.  That is totally weird!  I've even read the post I made online after I published it.

     Anyway, I will try to recreate the post I made, so here it goes:

     For the past year, the rumor mills have been busy spreading word that Philippine Airlines, Asia's First, is up for sale.  Apparently, PLDT's Manny Pangilinan is keen on acquiring the Lucio Tan-led PAL.  Well, as it turns out, even Ramon Ang of San Miguel is in talks for a possible purchase.And, just yesterday, Lucio Tan confirmed that PAL is up for sale.  You can read the news article here: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/01/22/12/lucio-tan-confirms-pal-sale
     Ever since it was rumored that talks were being held for the sale of PAL, I am one of those who believe the same to have a ring of truth to it.  After all, PAL just had a mass lay-off of its employees as it tried to have its services, like catering, etc., outsourced.  And, not to mention the newest ruling on the PALEA case.  Really, it was a no-brainer for PAL to smooth out all the rough edges before buyers seriously take interest in PAL.  I mean, really, who would want to buy a business with many legal problems?  In the end, the buyer may not be willing to be embroiled in the numerous labor case involving PAL and its employees, past or present.  Well, the buyer may end up paying for all those multi-million legal claims if it is not careful.  
     Whatever may happen to PAL, I am quite excited about it.  Maybe, a change of management can propel PAL back into its glory days.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...