21 January 2012

Thoughts: I won a Katy Perry Ticket from @FlyPAL's iLoveMyPAL Twitter Promo



     Philippine Airlines had a fun Twitter game yesterday.  As prize, they gave out 100 silver tickets for Katy Perry's concert at SM Mall of Asia tomorrow. I know, right?  That's a great prize.

    The rules were simple.  Only one tweet per person per hour, from 13:00 to 22:00 (last tweet at 22:59) will qualify.  2 or more tweets per hour will disqualify your entries.  

  • Mention @flyPAL
  • Complete the sentence 
    "I love My PAL because ___ (Answer the question "Why do you love Philippine Airlines?"
  • Include the following hashtags 
    #iLovePAL #PALgivesKatPerryTix


      I've been seeing the game on my timeline since yesterday after lunch.  But I was really not interested with it as I was still at work and I could not be bothered to read the mechanics and join.  When I got home,  I was surprised to see the game still on-going.  So, almost 2 hours before the end of the hourly game, I joined; both entries I made were almost at the close of the voting hours.  I won on the last voting hour, my entry just made it through.  Then, I forgot all about it, not even knowing I won.  Apparently, the winners for the last voting hour was announced around 3:00 am or something. So, I was really surprised to know that I won!  I won!  Me, who never really wins at raffles!  Imagine that!  

     Well, my dilemma now is this.  I don't even like Katy Perry and I don't like going to concerts.  But my  mother does.  I joined thinking if I win, I'd give her the ticket.  But she can't go on her own, you know.  So I have to buy a silver ticket which is around Php 1500 plus VAT and service charge (almost 1700).  There goes away my money.  Haha! [ETA: I bought 2 more silver tickets]

     Anyway, whether I am a fan of Katy Perry is immaterial.  It won't take away the fact that I've won and that I'm so happy to have won!  Thanks, @FlyPAL!  I hope your contests will continue to have simple, no-fuss rules!  Thanks again!

     Oh, my winning entry is this: I love My PAL @flyPAL because PAL'S FAs are cute and they serve you w/a smile! #iLovePAL #PALgivesKatyPerryTix

     Yay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...