04 November 2010

Engine Troubles: A Plane Makes an Emergency Landing in Singapore

     Travelers' greatest fear might be plane troubles, and honestly, every time I ride an airplane, I always utter a short prayer before take-off.  I never seem to get used to turbulence; not at all.  That is why I always pick seats in front when flying with Cebu Pacific; in fact, I almost always buy those coveted first-row seats.  After all, Cebu Pacific's planes are small and every twist and turn, you'd get to feel it.  But if you're seated at the front, it is not so bad.
     This afternoon, I got twitter updates regarding a Qantas A380 plane bound for Australia from London which made an emergency landing in Singapore.  Apparently, while over Indonesia, the passengers heard an explosion of some sorts, and one of the four engines malfunctioned.  The airplane had to fly back to Singapore where it departed (on a stop-over).  And, debris fell from the skies down to Indonesian land.  Thank God, no one was hurt.  But it is still a very frightening experience for the passengers...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...