13 November 2010

History Channel's Hidden Cities - Taiwan

     I have been swamped with work that I wasn't able to keep track of everything that I'm supposed to do.  But here it is, the synopsis for the final episode of Hidden Cities, featuring Taiwan:

N.B. From History Asia Channel's Hidden Cities webpage:
      Taiwan is an Asian economic powerhouse and one of the region's most liberal societies.  But beneath its modern facade lies a hidden world of secret fortresses, underground cities and tragic prison camps.


     In this episode, presenter Anthony Morse explores a 7-hectare fortress that served as former leader Chiang Kai-shek's secret military command center during the Chinese Civil War; discovers a forgotten WWII prisoner-of-war camp currently used as an aboriginal refugee center and uncovers an underground city stretching over several kilometers that was dug right beneath an 800-year-old village.


     Programme schedule:


     Premiers 14 November, 10:00 pm (GMT +8)
     Encores: 16 November at 11:00 pm, 21 November at 9:00 pm, and 03 December at 10:00 pm

     I have been to Taiwan several months ago, and I just instantly fell in love with it.  For sure, this episode will bring back the nostalgic memories I have of Taiwan.  I will be live-blogging the show, as well as the Indonesia episode which will be shown back-to-back tomorrow night, Sunday.

     I grabbed the promotional video of the episode from their website and you could watch it HERE:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...